Finishing out the year and planning for 2016 gives us time to pause and reflect on how we can improve in our role as Sales Leaders. Here is a list of questions that beg to be answered…completely and honestly in planning for 2016.
1. How does your company compare to other high performing organizations in your market/industry? What are 3 things that are mandatory to improve?
2. What areas are you personally good at and what areas do you really need to work on?
3. How effectively has the company been achieving its goals on a consistent basis?
4. Where do you stand (at this point in time) versus your plan for Q4 and 2015?
5. What are the real changes that you must implement to succeed in 2016?
6. What are the real reasons for your success or failure?
7. How do you plan to compete in the future; by being: better, faster or smarter?
8. If you examine the key components for company growth; do they center on: strategy, people, process, or other?
9. Your sales and management teams are two of the most visible images of your company, “what message do you think they are sending your customers?”
10. Are YOU motivated to make the tough people decisions heading in to 2016 and UPGRADE your sales team?
11. Many things drive the successful Sales Leaders but we’ve determined three that are very important:
Outlook – your beliefs
Desire – your passion
Commitment – your drive
What are your thoughts on each and how do you translate and inspire your sales people in each area? What will you do in the coming year to raise expectations in each area?
What are you committed to do to personally impact change and growth for yourself, your organization and with each salesperson as you head in to 2016?
Remember the words of a philosopher, “It takes less time to do a thing right than it does to explain why you did it wrong”.